Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day One - Saturday September 13th

Flexibility is the key to most mission trips and this one is no exception.   Originally I was to be in downtown Panama City working with a group of Kuna Indians, but after I arrived I discovered that I would be in Arriajan Panama - about an Hour outside of Panama City.  



I was told I would be preaching/teaching in 3or4 churches over the next few days. My housing would be in a Panama Baptist Convention Building which doubles as a seminary when classes are going.



It does have bunk beds, a fan and running water, but no hot water.   Thank goodness for Whipeys!   They cover a multitude of issues on a mission trip!

Night one I preached in Iglesia Baptista La Paz.   It was an pavilion type of building and it was hot sticky and not a breath of wind.   The service was about 45 minutes of singing - 30 minutes of preaching with another 15 minutes of singing added on.






We had a great time sharing the story of Zacheus noting how broken people want to see Jesus and Jesus want to see them!    

While I was listening to the music I glanced at my watch - exactly 24 hours earlier I was on top of Bulldog stadium cheering in my son and his team to victory.  Now 24 hours later 1000's of miles later I'm in the midst of a Kuna/Latin church encouraging them in Gods Word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment