Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day Three - Monday morning - September 15th, 2014

Good Morning!   Late last night a group arrived from Nicaragua to help with the church's in Panama City.   Due to some confusion in planning - they had no place to stay.   So .... I had 9 brothers and sisters in Christ sleep in my room last night.   On the floor, in the other bed - generally wherever they could find space.  Needless to say - didn't get much sleep last night and I left them still sleeping when I came to teach this morning.   I hope they get all sorted - I'll need a good nap this afternoon!

We started teaching the question bible study method we have taught around the world. It is so simple, requires no commentaries or internet which makes it incredibly beneficial to people who have limited access to both. 

Before I left I had the worksheets translated into Spanish.  At this very moment (while I am typing this) they are translating the worksheets into the Kuna Language .

We started by emphasizing the power and roll if the word of God - 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Timothy 4:1-4.   How Gods Work can keep us pure, keep us close to Him and keep us from sin.  Psalm 119: 9-11.

Then we began to work our way through the diagnostic questions I found some 20 years ago in an article by Rick Warren.  I will always be grateful for him for he has touched the hearts and minds of countless people through his method I have shared across the world.

We then looked through James 1:2-8 and Proverbs 3:5-6.   This helps those who are going through difficult times and those who seek guidance from God.  




This in a way was different from the Leadership Training we have done in Ethiopia.  There we gather pastors and leadership from various churches and work through many issues together.   Today, this was more leading members of this one church who came to learn.  


Here is a photo of the entire group as we had a refreshment break. 

After the break - I asked Pastor Boyd to work with the group as they worked through Philippians 2:1-4 where Paul addresses attitudes and actions of the early Phillipi church.  


By doing this - it makes him the leader and also allows him to help and educate his people.  I'll be gone in 2 days - he's been here 23 years.   These are his people.  I'm just the guy who brought and introduced the worksheets.  





It has been a good good day.  I love doing this!   Keep us in you prayers as we preach again tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment