Monday, September 22, 2014

Day Two - Sunday Evening - September 14th, 2014

I must admit - I had an awesome afternoon of rest.   It was much needed - I still felt I was dragging this morning - but was ready to go for tonight's service.

There was a meal prepared for us before the evening service.  For those of you who know me - you know I don't do meat with bones in it.    I can say the salad was good - but I passed on the rest.


The music tonight featured a young man playing "How Great Thou Art" on his violin.  It was very enjoyable.  


This church was founded by Baptist and it was obvious as we sang "The Old Rugged Cross" "I am Thine O Lord" and then a spirited version of "The Battle Hymn if the Republic."    All in Kuna - but I certainly recognized the tunes.   Here is the Kuna version of "How Great Thou Art" 


The crowd was larger than this morning - the service more involved and lengthy.  


I taught from Luke 5 - the story of how Jesus healed the Leper.   Just as sin does - leprosy divides and destroys - leaving people isolated and alone.  Jesus came to heal, forgive and restore that which was broken by sin.  His children are never more like Jesus than when we forgive, heal and restore.   His children are never less like him when the choose to simply discard that which was broken by sin.  

As I always do, I ask the pastor to extend the invitation and close the service.  Many came forward making decisions.  I was asked to pray with them, so I asked for a crash course in Kuna on how to say, "God Bless You."   Just in case you need to know, here it is phonetically  "Bop be ben docki."




Again, I don't know the decisions that we made - but I believe God touched hearts.


Here is Pastor Boyd and I after service.


Sharon always wants me to bring back a little girl from my mission trips.  It's just easier to take pics instead of trying to sneak one through customs!  


One of the greatest sights you can see on any mission trip is the Golden Arches! It was much better than eating a fish head!

Keep us in your prayers as we will be training the Leadership tomorrow and Wednesday Morning is Bible Study Methods.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment