Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day Three - Monday Evening - September 16th, 2014

Well it is the rainy season in Panama and man it came a gulley washer this afternoon and evening.   And when the church you are in has a tin roof - when the rain is too loud - you stop preaching and let the people sing till the rain abates!

While eating with the Pastor this evening, he described his excitement of seeing his people study God's Word in depth this morning.  He said he could his peoples eyes light up as they realized they could understand the Bible in a fresh new way. He kept saying, "And it's so simple!"   He can't wait until we pick up Wednesday Morning with Philippians 4:4-8.   That was their homework assignment. 


Tonight we spoke from Isaiah 43:1-3 - looking at how to respond when you are discouraged by life.   During the evening several times I caught myself thinking, "You are preaching this ... Do you really believe it?   Are you living - feeling - acting as though this is true?"   

Honestly I vacillate.   I know what Gods Words says, but my eyes, my mind, my emotions are at times in direct opposition to what His Word says.  

Isaiah 43:1-3 tells us to Remember Who We Belong To; Remember His Promises and Remember Who He Is.

After services, the women of the church who had provided meals and do most if the work around the church, wanted to present me a gift.  This would be my last night at Antioch church as I M scheduled to be back at La Pas church Tuesday and Wednesday Evening. The presented me with 2 Kuna hand made ties.  





After the close if service I met Ramidio.   I had been watching him all service long and I wanted to know his story.  He has been confined to wheelchair for years and suffers from some sort of paralysis.   I listened to him sing praises to His Lord. I watched as he smiled and "amened" me though the lesson.   He joy was infectious.  Though his body was broken and confined to a chair. - his spirit soared to the very throne room of God.

Here I was teaching not to be discouraged by circumstances and he was living the sermon I was teaching.  He ministered to me tonight.   He taught me.  I was the student - he was the master.   God used him to touch my life tonight.  



 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior.
—Psalm 42:5

No comments:

Post a Comment